Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thank GOD she's okay!


Poor Barbara jean got into a car accident early Wednesday morning. Thankfully she is uninjured - unfortunately the car is likely totalled. She will probably know by tomorrow once the insurance adjuster gets a look at it. She was driving home from a friend's house that night and one of those ANNOYING Canadian Geese had wandered out onto a major road and she swerved to miss it and spun out of control. She was going pretty fast and hit the jersey wall - her airbags deployed and thankfully she walked away with some bumps and bruises but other than a little emotional trauma - she is okay. Thank God - when I got that call from her father at 12:38 Wed a.m. my heart sunk and I could not sleep all night. I tossed and turned and worried about her like she was my own daughter.


Thank you God for looking over her for us this week. We are all very relieved. Barbara Jean is a part of our family now and we are happy to have her in our lives.


On a positive note since she took yesterday off to recover - I got to spend a nice bonus day with my kiddies. Weather was perfect. It was fun to walk up the cul de sac with the girls to get Justin from the bus after school. We played outside - and the girls made me giggle all day. They are so into their "pretend play" now. One thing they did that really cracked me up was they were obsessed with diapering their stuffed animals. Jess wanted to diaper and change Elmo, Sarah was dressing Pooh Bear. Sarah and Jess even asked for wipes to wipe them down and re-diaper them... lol. Sarah said her bear's diaper was "isgusting" LOL... so she wiped and changed him. She is too much. Also Sarah was very upset when she woke up from her nap and didn't want to lay down so I could change her so she blurts out "damn it mommy..." I about died laughing - gee I wonder where she may have picked that up? :) Bad mommy.. Oh well Pete taught Justin to say damn it so I guess we are even!

No comments: